Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 April 2017

Creative, Fresh, Authentic, Healthy!

From the Piano Chef, every week new recipes are created based on specific healthy ingredients. We believe in sharing our ideas and creativity. 




Creation based on Amaranth 



Amaranth Pancake, Banana Gratin, Amaranth Banana Cheese Puree


Amaranth Sauce, Dip, Spread, Puree or Dressing, they are all healthy and very nutritious



From the Piano Chef: We chose Amaranth Smoked Mussel Sauce as a spread for breakfast toast


Amaranth could be prepared as a noodle dough. Amaranth tasted wild with a specific odor, I ate it since I was young, I know what other ingredients could compliment it.


Amaranth Asian style noodle


My mentor asked me why I didn't try to create a fusion  from my birth origin, so I created this special Sambal Amaranth Pesto


And the above Amaranth pesto went perfectly with this Amaranth noodle, accompany or garnish with Bonito flakes, this creative dish was dedicated to my mentor, and I was advised to use itogaki for refined garnishing. Real yummy dish, all Malaysian, Singaporean and Indonesian surely will love this new very nutritious creation



Creation based on Burdock



Burdock leaf's pasta dough. To make successful pasta dough, it shouldn't be soft


Burdock fettuccini freshly came out from pasta machine




After drying for a while


Fettuccini with Red Algae Fish Balls on Asian fusion pasta sauce made of burdock stalk, yellow beetroot, and daikon with mutti


Fettuccini was toasted with olive oil and parsley


Pasta sheets prepared for tortellini


Half-baked Burdock Tortellini with Red Algae Fish Paste Filling on Pasta Sauce



Creation based on Saffron


 Asian style Saffron egg noodle. Asian noodle always looked yellow, some of them added turmeric, but most of them were added with the coloring agent or even forbidden chemical. To add saffron to the noodle to produce similar vibrant color that Asian like is prepared for a 5-Stars meal. It is 10 times more expensive than regular noodle.


Saffron noodle before cooking


Saffron noodle after quick blanching


The vibrant color of saffron noodle. Someone challenged me if I was given a fifty dollar a plate but without using the expensive seafood to prepare Chinese style noodle, could I produce a 5-Stars noodle, so here it was.


This is the ultimate treat prepared from the fresh A-grade NZ Golden Queen peach, saffron (I used the grounded saffron as well), and Konnyaku jelly. 5-star treat as dessert



Even before I was a trained chef, I began my own creation, when I didn't like the over sweetened cheesecake with biscuits as cheesecake base, I returned home created sugarless mixed nuts and mixed fruits base. The secret of a cheesecake is the carefully thought distribution of sweetness in my cheesecake creation. There is also a balance of calories. By using konnyaku which is known to flush out 25% of your calories, this cheesecake is thus not as fattening as other versions of cheesecake. 



Ideas in creating new dishes, application of healthy ingredients and even plating style



Duck is high cholesterol meat, using half roasting half confit cooking techniques, it helps to release its fat, parsley is one of the best herbs used to cook duck in health-wise choice. This herbal sauce used more than 10 secret ingredients. It was accompanied by confit of apple as well. And it's tummy was filled with Asian sweet rice with raisin, saffron and water chestnuts. You definitely like it when you see the most beautiful green color oil and confit apple slices when it is done.


Just for fun, change the famous Chinese style steamed Chinese cabbage with scallop's plating.


Carrot cupcake with a secret popular component added besides walnuts and sultanate used, I don't like pineapple in carrot cake, I grew up with too much pineapple and carrot, I don't think the two are a good combination. This carrot cake is garnished with carrot puree icing topping, this cupcake has fewer calories than most cupcakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment