Total Pageviews

Monday 24 April 2017

A Diary of Cooking for a Doctor's Birthday

I was booked to cook a week ago by an account manageress who works in Singapore!



My body vibe is recently rendered to vibrate in a low and slow frequency mode, I know exactly why. Then I rode on a 2050 time machine (a dream) to have an awakening. 

We always have to live on creatively and resourcefully, we have to ride above the adversities to be a winner. If we can't find anyone to love us, support us and cherish us fully, then we really have to live as a loner but also acted as a hopeless narcissist! 
^ _ ^ 

It's time to kick-start my afternoon of cooking, first I turned on a theta music or classical music to promote beautiful crystals in my food, that's the reason I never got sick or got fatter since the day I attended chef school! 

I realized why chefs never have problems in conceiving the next generation due to their food crystals were shaped according to a most common heard four-letter word in all the commercial kitchens! If someone's food was burnt, the chef also wanted to fxxk the black carbon! Isn't that amusing?





11:30 - Start to soak Adzuki bean, it will be used to prepare Adzuki konnyaku jelly dessert. 

12:00  - Start to cook the red bean, still taking my sweet time, didn't do any other mise en place yet!

13:00 - Started to prepare the red bean Konnyaku jelly and the two salads





This Adzuki bean konnyaku jelly got three layers, the bottom layer is clear red bean soup, the middle layer is filled with red bean and the top layer is filled with red bean puree. 


Polish traditional red cabbage salad, besides Poland, New Zealand is anther great country to prepare this nutritious and healthy salad, it goes well almost with any meat and fish dishes.



Chilled garden salad with dressing prepared. This is my business sticker, everyone likes my business name and my business logo. I designed the business logo, I will tell you who is the celebrity chef who named my business if only From the Piano Chef earns its first bucket of gold!



Something difference of this dressing from normal dressings was the moment you mixed it with the salad, immediately you could smell its aroma



14:30- Started to prepare Asian-Western fusion seafood sauce for mussels, my herbal knowledge is applied on this sauce, the herb used can prevent seafood poisoning and it also enhanced very nice aroma and flavor to the sauce



Still taking my sweet time. The only mise en place I did was preparing the  fresh sambal ingredients, cutting the Brussels sprouts and giving the carrot a nice Japanese cutting. Anyone sees me playing and concocting Asian herbs and spices would fall in love with me.... thus I chose to work alone. I don't want anyone to get near me asking, "What's the fxxk you put in there?" Now you know why some chefs produced smelly belachan? 



15:00 - Making carrot cake, everyone can make carrot cake, the only differences is the flavor



This was how the birthday cake eventually looked like, the topping was prepared from saffron cream cheese!



Started to cook sushi rice and steam golden kumara to prepare this kumara sushi rice cakes.



Prepare the Thai style crispy fish's mixed vegetable salad and mango sauce, still took my sweet time in the kitchen


16:45 - Received a call to confirm pick up dinner at 18:00 asked if I could get it ready on time, of course I said yes, but where were the meat dishes? Honestly, all of them were still in the fridge raw, unwashed and unseasoned! But I was quite sure, food poisoning wouldn't happen if food was cooked and served within two hours!



17:00 -  My stove was only by then gotten fully on heat, and my blood was running the fastest since the whole weekend, I started to prepare crispy pork belly. Real cooking only started... I loved the cooking challenged with limited time! That's my cooking character, if I cooked simple dishes without any recipes, my stove would only get heated on the last hour!



Crispy pork belly with really yummy pork jus. Bad photo taken due to overhead light reflection.



17:05 - I only started to deep fry the two fish, double fried them took a while as my wok was small




17:45 - Only started to steam the mussels


17:55 - Finally stir-fried Sambal Brussels Sprout and Carrot




Preparing some fancy Asian dishes are much more difficult in catering business than western food, menu has to be carefully planned and considered to ensure any vegetable wouldn't turn yellow or soggy after stir-frying. Like the crispy fish during delivery, the tail of the fish could be easily broken with slight impact. 


Also, recently the fresh mango was mostly over-ripen in Auckland's supermarket or simply there was no stock availed. In such case, frozen mango could be replaced but the preparation method used had to be planned wisely to ensure freshness during presentation.


From the Piano Chef, please consider us when you want Asian-Western unusual menu and unusual dishes. We are very knowledgeable in tropical herbs and spices, we are also excelled in concocting breakfast juice and different kind of breakfast healthy hot drinks to compliment your breakfast meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment